If you want to have fun, meet new people, improve your interpersonal and communication skills, self-confidence, and understanding of a subject area, tutoring might be the job for you!
Peer tutor qualifications:
- Minimum 3.0 overall college GPA and in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Recommendation by faculty or a teaching assistant in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to recognize when to make referrals to appropriate campus resources when assistance is needed beyond a tutor’s qualifications
- Commitment to work the times promised
Once selected, tutors must complete a 20-hour tutor training course (a one-hour institutional credit course, UNIV 1101). Tutors will begin tutoring while taking the course.
To apply to become a peer tutor: